Thursday, April 21, 2011

Differences.

61. 4 am. One of the very few reasons why I'm thankful for timezone differences: Victoria is awake in the other half of the world. 

62. On why 30th birthdays are more important than 26th. 

"26 is an even number," I point out. 
"30 is a more even number," says Turning-30-Number-1.
"26 is divisible by 13, and 13 is a cool number."
"30 is divisble by way more numbers. 3, 10, 15, 5, 6," counts Turning-30-Number-2, on one hand, then switching to the other hand, "30, 1, what else..."

63. Central Station. Unlike the previous times being here, today I'm actually taking a train, to the airport. Like many Europeans living in Brussels, Lily is going home for the Easter break. Seeing someone off or picking someone up always reminds me of a scene from When Harry met Sally, on whether you should take your significant other to the airport. 

Harry: You take someone to the airport, it's clearly the beginning of the relationship. That's why I have never taken anyone to the airport at the beginning of a relationship.
Sally: Why?
Harry: Because eventually things move on and you don't take someone to the airport and I never wanted anyone to say to me, How come you never take me to the airport anymore?

Lily is not my significant other, and chances are she never will be. 
I'm not Harry, and I hope that I never will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment